Khelo India Youth Games is a program for youths.
This program provide financial assistance to selected players. Annual assistance of rs. 5 lakhs fot 8 years.
Players can develop their sport skills and and prepare them for national events.
It was launched in 2018 years. Its was launched by Sports Minister Mr. Col. Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore in Delhi.
The program has been launch to revive the sports culture in the country and to turn India into a sporting country.
|Name of the program||Khelo India|
|Article||Khelo India registration|
|Ministry||Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports|
|Year of Launch||2018|
|Financial Assistance||5 lakhs per annum|
|Applicability of scheme||PAN India|
|KIYG 2020 Venue||Guwahati|
|Registration Process||Active soon|
|Registration mode||Online/ Offline|
|Registration portal|| https://kheloindia.sportz.io/Login
Click here to read how to register
Key Features of Khelo India Youth Games
Many objects and key features of Khelo India Youth Games. This is provide sports help to youths. Give them sports training and improve their talent. This is physical achievement for youths.
- Play field development for kids and youths
- Support to all state and regional and national and another sports academy
- Community coaching development
- Open state level ‘Khelo India Centers’.
- Physical of school children (for health care)
- Supports to women and girls for playing games
- Annually sport competition in state and national level
- Promotion of sports among people with disabilities and ability.
- Talent search in youths and improve.
- Sports for physical improvement and peace and skill development.
- Promotion of rural games with new creativity.
- New creation of sports infrastructure
Funds Allocated for Khelo India Youth Games
In below list given state wise and funds wise.
|State/ Union Territory||Amount (Rs. in Crores)|
|Jammu & Kashmir||15.84|
Eligibility for Khelo India Youth Games
- Athletes from all the parts of country can register (all over India).
- Applicants should have great interest in sports and must be playing a particular sports.
- Candidates below the age 21 can compete in under 21 category.
- Only the students from schools (i.e. under 17 group) were eligible but to provide opportunity to more athletes, ministry decided to introduce a new category for college students. The age criteria for both is as-
- Candidates below the age of 17 years are eligible and can compete in under 17 category.
Many games are included in the Khelo India Youth Games Program
Weightlifting, Volleyball, Wrestling Athletics, Archery, Cycling, Chess, Football, Gymnastics, Hockey, Handball, Judo, Karate, Kho-Kho, Kabaddi, Shooting, Basketball, Boxing, Badminton, Swimming, Table Tennis, Taekwondo, Tennis, and Wushu.
The first edition were launched by the Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi on 31st January 2018 at Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium, New Delhi. The second edition of Khelo India Youth Games Program was held at Pune, Maharashtra from 9th to 20th January 2019. This was completed successfully. The schedule i.e. KIYG 2020 has also be disclosed.