Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana 2022
As we all know with time things and technology kept changing according to the needs of today’s life. Government also help people in making them available and one such thing is GAS which is used for cooking.
Earlier in India, people use wood and chulas to prepare food. It was very time consuming and it is very difficult for ladies to make food on that as it produce smoke.
It also consumes woods which lead to deforestation. But then government initiates gas cylinders which are easy to use and it also consumes less time comparatively.
Government also provides subsidy on gas cylinder and make it available at an affordable rate for people who can’t afford it because of high rates and now in Gujarat gas pipes are provided in every house and consumers just have to pay bills according to the amount of gas they have used.
The main objective of the ujjwala yojana is to enhance the use of clean fuel throughout India by distributing the LPG connection for free. One objective of implementing the scheme is to promote women empowerment and to protect the health of women.
Government has also initiated many schemes and one of them is Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana. This scheme was launched by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas on 1st May 2016 in UP for providing LPG connections to women who belongs from below the poverty line.
This is the largest direct intervention initiated for women of rural and urban households and because of this scheme 5, 00,00,000 women are directly benefited and it costs to government up to Rs.8000 Crore.
By providing LPG government is directly saving women and children from getting any health issues because of the smoke of wood and this is also an initiative to keep the environment clean.
According to the estimation of WHO about 5 lakh deaths in India are causing because of unclean cooking fuels. Most of these premature deaths were due to non-communicable diseases such as heart diseases, stroke, chronic obstructive pulmons and lung cancer.
Providing LPG connections to BPL households will ensure that in every house there are gas cylinders in the country. This step will also ensure and protect the health of women. It will also provide employment opportunities in the supply chain of cooking gas to people who are living in rural areas.
LPG connection Beneficiaries:
Women who can be beneficiaries of this scheme are:
- Beneficiaries listed in the SECC 2011 list.
- All ST/SC households’ beneficiaries who are listed in Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Garmin).
- Beneficiaries of AAY (Antyoday Anna Yojana).
- Forest dwellers.
- People who belong to most backward classes.
- Tea and Ex tea Garden tribes.
- People who are living in Islands or river Islands.
- The effect of smog on eating will be less on the beginning of this plan.
- This plan will reduce health problems of small child
- With the introduction of ujjwala yojana, the use of pure water will improve the health of women
- This government scheme will reduce pollution in the atmosphere using unclean fossil fuels.
- At the beginning of the scheme, harvesting of forests will reduce.
- Women will not succumb to health problems BENEFITS:
Under this scheme 5 crore LPG connections are provided to people who belong to BPL households. This scheme also provides financial support of Rs.1600 for each LPG connections.
The administrative cost of Rs.1600 per connections and includes cylinder, pressure regulator, booklet, safety hose etc. and this all cost will be borne by the government.
- Any women who belong to BPL household and do have excess to gas connection can apply for new gas connection.
- Applicant has to submit all their details like Address, Bank account and Aadhar card number.
- The LPG field officials will match the application against SECC-2011 database and after their BPL status, and enter the details.
- The gas connections shall be issued by the OMC to the eligible beneficiaries.
- Connection charges are borne by government and OMCs would provide an option to new customers to opt for EMIs.
- This scheme will also cover BPL families and various sizes of gas cylinders are provided to them according to the situation.
- Benefits under this scheme have been extended for people who are living in hilly areas.
Every scheme which is launched by the government has some objective and so does this scheme also have and objectives of this scheme are as follows:
- Empowering women and protecting their health.
- This scheme will reduce the chances of health hazards which are associated with cooking based on fossil fuels.
- Reducing the number of deaths caused due to unclean cooking fuel.
- This scheme also helps in preventing children from causing respiratory illness caused due to indoor air pollution by burning woods.
The eligible women candidates from BPL families can apply for the scheme by filling out the application form (in prescribed format). People who are interested can fill a 2 page application form and attach required documents along with form.
The basic details which are to be filled by applicant are Personal details, Bank account number, Aadhar card number etc. The application also needs to fill the requirement of cylinder type i.e. 14.2 kg or 5 kg. Candidates also have to complete KYC process.
- BPL certificate authorised by Panchayat Pradhan / Municipality Chairman.
- BPL ration card.
- One photo ID proof.
- One passport size photo.
- Copy of ration card.
- Self declaration attested by gazetted officer.
- Policy, bank statement
- Print out of name in BPL list.
Government has already allocated Rs.2000 crore for this yojana in FY 2016-17. Government will also distribute LPG connections to about 1.5 Crore BPL families this year. A total budget of Rs.8000 crore has been made by the government for the implementation of this scheme.
Guidelines of ujjwala plan
- Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Connection Name BPL List 2022
- Chhattisgarh Mukhyamantri Vishesh Swasthya Sahayta Yojana 2022
- MP Mukhyamantri Jan Kalyan Sambal Yojana 2022
- Delhi Mukhyamantri Septic Tank Safai Yojana 2022
- PM Kisan Pension Yojana 2022 Open Account
- राष्ट्रीय पारिवारिक लाभ योजना 2022 आवेदन की स्थिति, आवेदन फॉर्म, व पात्रता
- Pradhan Mantri Digital Health Mission Yojana 2022
- Ayushman Bharat, PMJAY, Name List, Hospital List 2022
- PM DHM Health id Registration Kya Hai – पीएम डीएचएम
- West Bengal BPL List 2022, West Bengal Ration Card List 2022
- Khelo India Youth Games 2022 Registration Last Date
- Upcoming MHADA lottery 2022 Pune dates
- Shiv Bhojan Thali Yojana 2022 Apply Online for Registration
- Ayushman Bharat – Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana 2022 Hospital List (AB-SSBY) in Punjab
- Aatmanirbhar Bharat Rozgar Yojana 2022 Registration Starts, but When?
- Uttar Pradesh BPL List 2022, Uttar Pradesh Ration Card List 2022
- Gujarat BPL List 2022, Gujarat Ration Card List 2022
- Pradhan Mantri rojgar yojana 2022 Application Form
- Uttarakhand BPL List 2022, Uttarakhand Ration Card List 2022
- Haryana BPL List 2022, Haryana Ration Card List 2022
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana List 2022
- Jharkhand mukhyamantri shramik rojgar yojana 2022
- Delhi Odd Even Scheme 2022 Timings, Rules in Delhi
- PM Swamitva Yojana Official Website
- Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana 2022
- Karnataka BPL List 2022, Karnataka Ration Card List 2022
- YSR Sampoorana Poshan Yojana 2022
- Asol Chini 2022
- Rajasthan Indira Rasoi Yojana 2022
- Assam BPL List 2022, Assam Ration Card List 2022
- Nagaland BPL List 2022, Nagaland Ration Card List 2022
- Tamil Nadu BPL List 2022, Tamil Nadu Ration Card List 2022
- Sikkim BPL List 2022, Sikkim Ration Card List 2022
- Vivah Hetu Anudan 2022 Uttar Pradesh Sarkar, Registration Form
- Haryana Parivar Pehchan Patra List 2022
- Madhya Pradesh BPL List 2022, Madhya Pradesh Ration Card List
- Indane Gas Cylinder Online Booking 2022
- UPPCL Jhatpat Connection Yojana 2022
- What is electric vehicle policy in Delhi?
- MP Mukhyamantri Rural Street Vendor Registration for Loan Scheme 2022
- Aatma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan Registration Online 2022
- KALIA Yojana 3rd Beneficiaries List 2022
- KALIA Yojana Second List 2022, 2nd Installment Payment Date Dec 2022
- Meghalaya BPL List 2022, Meghalaya Ration Card List 2022
- Garib Kalyan Yojana List 2022
- Jan Dhan Yojana 500 Rupees List 2022
- Delhi Mukhyamantri Kirayedaar Bijli Meter Yojana 2022
- Kerala Ration Card List 2022, Kerala BPL List 2022
- MJPJAY – Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jan Arogya Yojana 2022
- Tripura BPL List 2022, Tripura Ration Card List 2022
- Telangana BPL List 2022, Telangana Ration Card List 2022
The ministry of petroleum and natural gas has also published the scheme guidelines. Click the links below to read the directions, or download them in PDF format. http://www.petroleum.nic.in/docs/UJJWALA.pdf