Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana 2021
As we all know with time things and technology kept changing according to the needs of today’s life. Government also help people in making them available and one such thing is GAS which is used for cooking.
Earlier in India, people use wood and chulas to prepare food. It was very time consuming and it is very difficult for ladies to make food on that as it produce smoke.
It also consumes woods which lead to deforestation. But then government initiates gas cylinders which are easy to use and it also consumes less time comparatively.
Government also provides subsidy on gas cylinder and make it available at an affordable rate for people who can’t afford it because of high rates and now in Gujarat gas pipes are provided in every house and consumers just have to pay bills according to the amount of gas they have used.
The main objective of the ujjwala yojana is to enhance the use of clean fuel throughout India by distributing the LPG connection for free. One objective of implementing the scheme is to promote women empowerment and to protect the health of women.
Government has also initiated many schemes and one of them is Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana. This scheme was launched by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas on 1st May 2016 in UP for providing LPG connections to women who belongs from below the poverty line.
This is the largest direct intervention initiated for women of rural and urban households and because of this scheme 5, 00,00,000 women are directly benefited and it costs to government up to Rs.8000 Crore.
By providing LPG government is directly saving women and children from getting any health issues because of the smoke of wood and this is also an initiative to keep the environment clean.
According to the estimation of WHO about 5 lakh deaths in India are causing because of unclean cooking fuels. Most of these premature deaths were due to non-communicable diseases such as heart diseases, stroke, chronic obstructive pulmons and lung cancer.
Providing LPG connections to BPL households will ensure that in every house there are gas cylinders in the country. This step will also ensure and protect the health of women. It will also provide employment opportunities in the supply chain of cooking gas to people who are living in rural areas.
LPG connection Beneficiaries:
Women who can be beneficiaries of this scheme are:
- Beneficiaries listed in the SECC 2011 list.
- All ST/SC households’ beneficiaries who are listed in Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Garmin).
- Beneficiaries of AAY (Antyoday Anna Yojana).
- Forest dwellers.
- People who belong to most backward classes.
- Tea and Ex tea Garden tribes.
- People who are living in Islands or river Islands.
- The effect of smog on eating will be less on the beginning of this plan.
- This plan will reduce health problems of small child
- With the introduction of ujjwala yojana, the use of pure water will improve the health of women
- This government scheme will reduce pollution in the atmosphere using unclean fossil fuels.
- At the beginning of the scheme, harvesting of forests will reduce.
- Women will not succumb to health problems BENEFITS:
Under this scheme 5 crore LPG connections are provided to people who belong to BPL households. This scheme also provides financial support of Rs.1600 for each LPG connections.
The administrative cost of Rs.1600 per connections and includes cylinder, pressure regulator, booklet, safety hose etc. and this all cost will be borne by the government.
- Any women who belong to BPL household and do have excess to gas connection can apply for new gas connection.
- Applicant has to submit all their details like Address, Bank account and Aadhar card number.
- The LPG field officials will match the application against SECC-2011 database and after their BPL status, and enter the details.
- The gas connections shall be issued by the OMC to the eligible beneficiaries.
- Connection charges are borne by government and OMCs would provide an option to new customers to opt for EMIs.
- This scheme will also cover BPL families and various sizes of gas cylinders are provided to them according to the situation.
- Benefits under this scheme have been extended for people who are living in hilly areas.
Every scheme which is launched by the government has some objective and so does this scheme also have and objectives of this scheme are as follows:
- Empowering women and protecting their health.
- This scheme will reduce the chances of health hazards which are associated with cooking based on fossil fuels.
- Reducing the number of deaths caused due to unclean cooking fuel.
- This scheme also helps in preventing children from causing respiratory illness caused due to indoor air pollution by burning woods.
The eligible women candidates from BPL families can apply for the scheme by filling out the application form (in prescribed format). People who are interested can fill a 2 page application form and attach required documents along with form.
The basic details which are to be filled by applicant are Personal details, Bank account number, Aadhar card number etc. The application also needs to fill the requirement of cylinder type i.e. 14.2 kg or 5 kg. Candidates also have to complete KYC process.
- BPL certificate authorised by Panchayat Pradhan / Municipality Chairman.
- BPL ration card.
- One photo ID proof.
- One passport size photo.
- Copy of ration card.
- Self declaration attested by gazetted officer.
- Policy, bank statement
- Print out of name in BPL list.
Government has already allocated Rs.2000 crore for this yojana in FY 2016-17. Government will also distribute LPG connections to about 1.5 Crore BPL families this year. A total budget of Rs.8000 crore has been made by the government for the implementation of this scheme.
Guidelines of ujjwala plan
The ministry of petroleum and natural gas has also published the scheme guidelines. Click the links below to read the directions, or download them in PDF format. http://www.petroleum.nic.in/docs/UJJWALA.pdf
- Ayushman Bharat – Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana 2020 Hospital List (AB-SSBY) in Punjab
- Shiv Bhojan Thali Yojana 2021 Apply Online for Registration
- Aatmanirbhar Bharat Rozgar Yojana Registration Starts, but When?
- Upcoming MHADA lottery 2021 Pune dates
- PM Kisan Pension Yojana 2021
- Uttar Pradesh BPL List 2021, Uttar Pradesh Ration Card List 2021
- Gujarat BPL List 2021, Gujarat Ration Card List 2021
- Khelo India Youth Games 2021 Registration Last Date
- Pradhan Mantri rojgar yojana 2021 Application Form
- Uttarakhand BPL List 2021, Uttarakhand Ration Card List 2021
- Haryana BPL List 2021, Haryana Ration Card List 2021
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana List 2021
- Jharkhand mukhyamantri shramik rojgar yojana 2021
- West Bengal BPL List 2021, West Bengal Ration Card List 2021
- PM Swamitva Yojana Official Website
- Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana 2021
- Karnataka BPL List 2021, Karnataka Ration Card List 2021
- YSR Sampoorana Poshan Yojana 2021
- Asol Chini 2021
- Rajasthan Indira Rasoi Yojana 2021
- Assam BPL List 2021, Assam Ration Card List 2021
- Nagaland BPL List 2021, Nagaland Ration Card List 2021
- Tamil Nadu BPL List 2021, Tamil Nadu Ration Card List 2021
- Sikkim BPL List 2021, Sikkim Ration Card List 2021
- Vivah Hetu Anudan Uttar Pradesh Sarkar, Registration Form
- Haryana Parivar Pehchan Patra List 2021
- Madhya Pradesh BPL List 2021, Madhya Pradesh Ration Card List
- Indane Gas Cylinder Online Booking 2021
- UPPCL Jhatpat Connection Yojana 2021
- What is electric vehicle policy in Delhi?
- MP Mukhyamantri Rural Street Vendor Registration for Loan Scheme 2021
- Aatma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan Registration Online 2021
- KALIA Yojana 3rd Beneficiaries List 2021
- KALIA Yojana Second List 2021, 2nd Installment Payment Date Dec 2021
- Meghalaya BPL List 2021, Meghalaya Ration Card List 2021
- Garib Kalyan Yojana List 2021
- Jan Dhan Yojana 500 Rupees List April 2021
- Delhi Mukhyamantri Kirayedaar Bijli Meter Yojana 2021
- Kerala Ration Card List 2021, Kerala BPL List 2021
- MJPJAY – Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jan Arogya Yojana 2021
- Tripura BPL List 2021, Tripura Ration Card List 2021
- Telangana BPL List 2021, Telangana Ration Card List 2021
- Manipur BPL List 2021, Manipur Ration Card List 2021
- Odisha BPL List 2021, Odisha Ration Card List 2021
- Mizoram BPL List 2021, Mizoram Ration Card List 2021
- Andhra Pradesh BPL List 2021, Andhra Pradesh Ration Card List 2021
- Punjab BPL List 2021, Punjab Ration Card List 2021
- Yashaswini Yojana 2021
- Shiv Bhojan Yojana 2021 Maharashtra
- AP Amma Vodi Scheme 2021
- Rajasthan Swarn Jayanti Upahar Yojana 2021